Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still not ready

Good Lord, transportation this morning has been a cluster foxtrot (as my coworker Vince used to say). Let it suffice to say that I left the house the first time at around 7:30 and didn't get to work until 9:40. Also lots of ear-shattering happy/sad screaming from Younger Child With No Pseudonym As Of Yet. Actually, I'll say one more thing about it: walking (5 min) -> bus (1 min) -> walking (10 min) -> driving (15 min) -> bus (30 min) -> walking (5 min). But I am enjoying the book I'm reading right now. I'm thinking about teaching a class on it at my church.
Work is absurdly busy. I have two songs stuck in my head, fighting to be the top earworm of the day. "Heimdalsgate Like A Promethean Curse" (of Montreal -- great video) and "My Body is a Cage" (Arcade Fire). I think we can all relate to that of Montreal video.

1 comment:

  1. How did you sandwich 15 min. of driving into that commute? Why not drive the whole time, or at least until the second bus?

    If you are still the worms go away. Jessica may pass on, but Chani will take care of you. Look to the mouse shadow on the second moon, and everything will be okay.

    Given your second child's ocular features, "Fremen" or "Chani" or something would be a suitable nickname. Just a suggestion. "Brewmeister Smith" would also work.

    ReplyDelete