Monday, January 12, 2009

Not ready

Mustafa is currently speaking to me. SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP. He just won't stop talking. There is nothing I can do about it except keep typing and nodding.
I have never shared Garfield's hatred for Mondays, but today is exceptionally loathsome. I have a veritable shitload of work to do, no motivation, my arms feel like they're going to fall off, and it was too cold to ride my bike this morning. (I have to draw the line somewhere, and 32 degrees seemed like a good enough place.) My "to do" list only has six items on it, but each one is worse than all the rest of them. It's a riddle, wrapped in a paradox, wrapped in a shit sandwich. Or something.


Thankfully, Mustafa just now had to make one of his many daily trips to the post office, so I have a momentary reprieve from his droning. I guess I should get to work on this shit. Oh wait -- a phone call from a professor who cannot understand how to type a web address into her browser, nor does she understand what the words "address," "browser," or really even "web" mean in this context. I guess I should do that first. Shit.

UPDATE:

I've actually ended up spending my whole morning moving ancient computer equipment so that I can have some office space renovated. The good news, of course, is that I'm getting a new office very soon. But I also received this ALARMING EMAIL from a professor:

Hi
WARNING
I am reporting a suspected "FRAUD' on the [webmail].--Some entity is obviously trying to gain access to my [ID] and password. Today when I tried to log in to[webmail] I noticed the log in page looked differrent. A box appeared, that was entitled "HOARD". When it asked me for my [ID] and password I exited the site immediately and did not enter it. If you recall, a short time ago a message was sent to [faculty] warning them of FRAUD of this nature.

(Links added by me. Extraneous quotations marks -- sadly -- original.)

Wanted for questioning: Hordak


In case anybody is wondering, Horde is actually the name of my school's webmail program. Nothing malicious going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment