Thursday, February 5, 2009

My new office

I'm not in it quite yet -- the network and phone drops have to be done -- but I am really looking forward to it.  No more undergrads asking about the stapler, printer paper, or the dreaded holepunch.  No more listening to Mustafa chew!  Today I found this awesome desk:
 
And now I'm prowling the building for unused chairs.  That's the office up there, weird half-stained concrete floors and all.  There's a place for my bike and not much else at the moment.  Tomorrow, Baby and I are going to the university's near-mystical surplus warehouse -- the home of innumerable free items of furniture.  (My boss has offered to buy furniture, but I'll take any excuse I can get to go to surplus.)

Today when I was moving that desk into the office, Mustafa said, "oh, are you moving your office?"  This after two months of preparation for the move, including at least three discussions with Mustafa about what I was going to be doing with my space in our shared office after I moved out.  Mustafa's desk faces the door to my new office, where contractors have been demolishing the shelving that used to be in the office, patching the walls, refinishing the floor, retiling the ceiling, etc. etc. etc.  He helped me move all the old equipment out of the office, and apparently had no idea that I was moving?

What the fuck, dude.  That's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment