Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Overheard and observed in my office

Today is the first day of classes for the spring semester, so the undergraduates are back.  Back with their UGGs -- and there are a lot of UGGs out there.  Puke.

Anyway, here are my choice quotes for today:
Undergraduate in UGGs: Is the computer lab open?
Me (imaginary, Ally McBeal style): Despite the fact that the door is open, the lights are on, there are 40 computers in there powered up and waiting for somebody
 to use them, and the big sign that says the lab is open, no.  No it's not.
Me (real life): Yes.


Mustafa (on the phone): I have eyeball hurting a lot.  In both eyeballs.



Grad student who has seen me in white briefs: Can you make the classroom computer upstairs stream video for the inauguration five minutes from now?

I have also had the privelige to observe Mustafa looking up the word "fetish" on m-w.com.  It's good to be back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment